Kansas City Church Plant
Countryside is very excited to be sending out one of our own to build God's kingdom through planting a new church. Alex Gilpin, raised here at Countryside and serving the last 7 years as our Youth Pastor, along with his wife Krystin and daughter Nora will be moving to Kansas City to answer God's calling in their lives to plant a church. We get the privelege of partnering with them in this journey.
Nation-wide only 2% of churches are growing by conversions. There are less people in church today than 50 years ago. We believe that “The Church” is God’s plan “A” for true and authentic community in our world today.
New churches are the best way to reach new people!
Kansas City has a great need for new churches. We feel uniquely called to join God in the work of starting a new Christ-centered Community in Kansas City with the purpose of helping people find their way back to God through Jesus.
Statistics regarding Kansas City
- The Kansas City Metro area has a population of 2 million people.
- 17% of the population attend church (this includes Mormons and Catholics).
- 26% have a positive view of church.
- Kansas City is known for one of the worst school systems in the nation.
Alex (29), Krystin (28) and Nora Gilpin (1) are excited to follow God’s plan of moving to Kansas City to plant a new church. We have been working at Countryside Christian Church for 7 years in the Youth and Worship department. God has been working on our hearts about planting a church for several years and that led us to pursue assessment with CPAC (Church Planter Assessment Center) and Stadia (international church planting organization) where we were affirmed to pursue planting. We are passionate to reach the unchurched with gospel of Jesus Christ.
When and How?
God has opened a door for our family to join Mike Evans and the team at Discover Church in Lee’s Summit Missouri to do a residency and learn “all-things” church planting for one year, during the residency the location for the new church plant, a detailed plan of action and a core group of people will be developed pre-launch. The new church plant will launch in the Kansas City area during a strategically planned time of year.
- September 2013- Begin residency at Discover Church in Lee’s Summit
- Early 2015 – Launch church plant in Kansas City (location TBD during residency)
- Join them for a church banquet on August 16th @ 7:00pm in the youth center to hear more details on how you can get involved.
- Go to facebook.com/churchplantkc to follow their journey.